Like with all formats of reading, there are pros and cons of listening to books instead of reading them. It all depends on preference!
There are many positives to listening to audiobooks, like:
- The ability to multitask while reading
- At times, it's faster than reading the book
- The audiobook can be cheaper than a physical book
- They don't take up space (which can be a deterrent if you like have elaborate bookshelves, like me)
But there are also negatives to audiobook listening:
- It's not as easy to share them with other people
- You have to have the right technology to listen
- It's harder to keep track of favorite quotes
All in all, I think the pros outweigh the cons. Having books in your pocket to listen to at a moment's notice is ideal for any bookworm, and definitely ideal for travelling. If you've got a good narrator, then you can be set for hours!